1. Writing Prompts in eggs. I created just a few fun writing prompts and printed them on Avery 5160 labels so that my firsties could stick them into their journals. You can grab a copy of my writing prompts here.
2. Synonym activity- I had my students give me a list of synonyms. They just love to be involved! Students match up the top and bottom words to make a pair of synonyms.
3. Antonyms activity- My students also gave me a list of antonyms. Students match up the top and bottom words to make a pair of antonyms.
4. Scrambled words- I put several Scrabble tiles into eggs for students to use to make words.
5. Fact Family Center- I used bottle caps so my students would have some kind of manipulative. I Mod-Podged numbers onto four bottle caps. Three of the bottle caps make a fact family. Students have to figure out which three numbers make the fact family and then record the number sentences as well.
Grab your set of recording sheets for each of these games by clicking the picture below!